If you are looking to upgrade your home in Melbourne, you may be considering adding some natural stone elements such as Limestone, Travertine, Marble, or Granite, to give your house that added elegant boost. In fact, Limestone is a proven building material that is useful for both contemporary and classic landscape designs. Limestone is one of the oldest construction materials in existence, having been used as far back as the late pre-classic period. With such a long history, it is interesting to note that even some of the earliest man-made structures, (including the Great Pyramid of Giza), were constructed from Limestone. It is one of the most optimal building materials for those that wish to produce a classic yet clean finish in their design.
Limestone is also the ideal choice when it comes to building contemporary patios and terraces. One of the added benefits of Limestone is that it can be found in a variety of different colours. This article goes on to describe why Limestone Tiles and pavers are ideal for the purpose of enhancing or upgrading a home. It is a must-read for those who are considering house renovations in Melbourne and are looking for Limestone to add a special touch to their home.
Important Facts about Limestone Pavers
- Utilising Limestone pavers have several benefits over other natural stone materials like Travertine, since they have a softer colour variation, less veining, and have a less chalky feel to them too.
- Limestone tiles and pavers are useful for both indoors as well as outdoors, particularly in a city such as Melbourne.
- Limestone is a sedimentary stone that is composed primarily of what is known as calcite.
- It is a more popular choice for construction in Australia, as compared to travertine and sandstone, especially when considered for outdoor usage.
- The misconception that Limestone pavers are cheap, porous and stain easily is not exactly true. In fact, there are many different types of Limestone rock. High-quality Limestone is highly durable, and will not stain, making it ideal for installation in heavy traffic areas like a driveway.
- Selecting the right Limestone pavers in Melbourne is key to ensuring you possess a strong and highly durable design, something which would be perfectly suitable for the surface around your pool.
- Limestone tiles and pavers also require sealing like many other types of stones. This is an essential step in maintaining the aesthetic level and longevity of the surface.
Common Properties of Limestone as a Building Material
Limestone is a chemical sedimentary rock that is formed by the solidification of materials into a rock formation. Limestone can take on various shapes: it can be granular, massive, or crystalline, for example. Some of the common properties of Limestone include:
- Limestone is not likely to be found free from impurities and in a pure white form.
- It is usually combined with many different elements, hence why it is found in many different colours as well.
- Limestone tiles and pavers have several applications like that for the purpose of construction or renovation.
- It is typically found in the shallow end of marine water, as Limestone does not form at deeper depths.
- A certain type of Limestone (lithographic Limestone) contains fossils. Refer to Fossil Grey Limestone in Pietra Stone Gallery
- The colour of the Limestone can vary in shades of grey and tan.
- It has high porosity that ensures a relatively higher rate of calcination.
Benefits of using Limestone Tiles and Pavers
There are many benefits of using Limestone pavers to embellish your house since it offers a gorgeous light or dark colour surface that can help boost the natural look of your house. It is available in a wide range of colour tones as well, making it simple to match the overall aesthetic of your home. The fact that it is highly durable makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, such as a patio.
It is highly beneficial to use Limestone tiles and pavers in Melbourne instead of Travertine, as listed in the following points:
- Limestone is a heavy natural stone that is highly durable and has been used in construction for thousands of years.
- Limestone pavers are timeless since it is one building material that is always in trend thanks to their clean and classic look.
- It is strong and long-lasting making it optimal for use in landscaping, driveways, pool areas, walkways, patios, pathways, stepping stones, verandas, and other architectural structures.
- Limestone adds appeal to your property no matter where it is installed. It is beneficial for both residential and commercial property and can help increase the overall value of your property.
- The fact that is sustainable and renewable means that it is a better material for both the environment and your home.
As a business based in Melbourne, we are well aware of the unique requirements of our customers. Limestone Paver is the perfect product to withstand extreme heat and is also a suitable choice for creating highly elegant and durable walkways. It is also ideal for pool areas, and a better pick over Travertine, since the porosity of Limestone is comparatively lower. We have a wide range of building materials and a solid collection of Limestone tiles and pavers, with a variety of beautiful colour hues.
Contact Pietra Stone Gallery today to discover how we can make the perfect natural stone additions to your home.